Saturday, June 23, 2012

Our birthday month:

June started and let the birthday celebrations begin...

First off my sweet Jaxson David: he turned 7 this year. How is it possible I have a 7 year old second grader? I'm pretty sure college is next. He is an amazing boy that believes Jesus died for his sins and seems to understand that christians live differently. He thinks Star Wars is very cool (the good side that is) and he is counting the days until we go back to Disney World. He rocks on science and math and thinks reading is boring. He won't miss a swimming opportunity and likes baseball and basketball. He is playing in his first golf tournament in July benefiting the Scottish Rite Hospital. I am so proud of this boy!
His birthday fell on a Sunday this year so we celebrated by having breakfast burritos at Chilio's before church.  He wanted a swimming party and to eat pizza for dinner.  I baked him an r2d2 cake that he requested.  We gave him a floating basketball goal for the pool.  While swimming that night Michael already showed him the fun in running, jumping, and trying to dunk the ball in the air.  Boys!!!




Next up my darling Camden Richard: he is now a big 4 year old.

Camden finished his first year of preschool at Lake Pointe and will be starting pre-k in the fall. Camo is a quick learner and seems to really enjoy learning new things. His favorite colors are orange and blue. He has always enjoyed Diego but now he is really into Jake and the Never Land Pirates and Rescue Heros. I think it is neat to see him fall into the little brother role with Jaxson and the big brother role with Megan. He sits next to Megan in the car so sometimes he feeds her little snacks and he just handles it so well.  He just got his first "big boy" haircut this summer and he is sporting a more grown up look then the picture here shows.  He has already learned to swim this summer and I can't wait to see how far he will be swimming by the end of August. He keeps us laughing and says the funniest things. He is so much fun to be around.  Camden wanted to also swim for his party but he wanted popcorn chicken from Sonic with a Sonic drink.  He requested a Rescue Hero cake so that's what he got.  His big gift from us was a Billy Blazes Fire Truck.  We had fun all swimming together.



Finally my sweet little girl Megan.   How lucky am I to get to share my birthday with my only daughter. How can she be 1 already?  Having a daughter after two sons has really allowed me to recapture and remember every little moment as I watch for how different boys and girls are. Not until recently though have I started to notice differences. Megan will find one of the boys little rubber braclets and see just knows what to do. She slips it on and wears it while she plays. She has very little hair and does not like to wear bows, headbands or any of the sort. She did wear a pink ball cap the other day that she left on for a little while (I guess she does have some of her momma in her after all). She LOVES, and I mean LOVES, to eat. She is determined to be involved in everything and just has a way that makes you want her involved in everything. She is almost walking and can say several words. Her longest sentence is "Hi Da Da." Her smile warms my heart and I love that she loves to cuddle with her blanket. We did have a "First Birthday" party that I will highlight in another post. 


I have learned this year that celebrating so many birthdays, so close together does have it benefits. However, watching each of your children and then yourself turn another year older, all within about a two week period, does take an emotional toll on this momma. I am so blessed and so thankful I get to stay home and watch my babies grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment