Monday, March 18, 2013

It stinks being a grown-up sometimes!!!

Our sweet Ry slipped about a week or two ago and after several days she wasn't getting better.  Last Monday, Michael took her to the vet and he came home with not one once of good news.  She busted her back knee ligament and our choices are do nothing which can lead to another bad list of things or pay a ton of money for surgery that would require 2-3 months recovery.  The surgery option we considered was not even the most preferred method for a dog her size but would do well enough.  We luckily have a connection to probably one of the best vet surgeons around locally and probably further out so we were able to get another expert opinion.  We have sat on the decision for about a week because for us, mostly me, it is a tough decision.  I am very attached to this dog and we had her since she was 3 weeks old and she is now almost 11 1/2.  For some people it's a no brainer decision...you either think she's a dog and don't spend the money or she's a dog and part of your family so you spend the money.  Today was our deadline for having a decision made so after much thought and prayer for what's best (because I don't want her to suffer) we have decided to do nothing at this time.  So many different things have lead us to that decision but by today we BOTH feel best about it.  As I cling and hunt for something positive to come from this I am left with these thoughts...So thankful for the time with her while she was in great health and we will just see what the future holds, that even though we could have spent the money we HAD time to reflect and consider all options without having to make hurried decision, and finally if you know us you know the work we have done the last seven years to start over and rebuild financially as I stayed home and started a new business and I'm thankful for discernment and the mindful thinking to try to be good stewards of our money.  At the end of the day she is a dog and we will enjoy whatever time we have left with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment