Growing up, at least his high school days, Michael was a big puzzle guy. He would get a new puzzle at Christmas and then he and his friends would spend the time it took to put it together. He would frame them and still today has several puzzles he has saved. They were always Coke puzzles. I also enjoy a good puzzle so I remembered we had one put away that we never had time to do so I got the fun idea, now that Jaxson and Camden are old enough, to clear the kitchen table and work this puzzle together as a family. It was a 1000 piece puzzle and when we opened it up we both didn't remember the pieces being so small. It took us a little over a week of working on it when we had time but we both still had the fun feeling of accomplishment when it was over. Jaxson participated some and enjoyed it here and there. Camden enjoyed it at the beginning but as you would expect it was a very difficult puzzle for a 5 year old to do much with. None the less we were all invested in it and enjoyed watching it grow every day.

Day 1...Putting the border together
Almost done
Michael saved 4 pieces at the end so we could all put one in. Here is Camo and his piece.
J fitting his in
Megan desperately wanted to join in so Michael wanted her to do his piece.
Last Piece!
All done!!! It really is a neat looking puzzle.
They are so proud!
Charlie and I have a lot of fun memories of all the puzzle parties. It is great to see that you are continuing the tradition. I guess we will have to get Michael a puzzle for Christmas.
ReplyDelete