Thursday, December 19, 2013

PTA Skating Party

Dobbs PTA was hosting a skating party for all the families who signed up to support the PTA.  I have been wanting to take the boys skating for a while.  Jax owns skates and is okay on them.  Camo was brand new.  After getting our skates on I had that moment with Jax, as he is growing up, that he was ready to just go find his friends.  The skating rink has a "walker (only skater)" that you can rent for new skaters to use so they can learn with less falling.  Renting one was very over priced so Michael and I thought we'd give it a try on our own but after one time around with Camo in the middle and holding a hand each side, Michael quickly went and rented one.  My favorite quote of the night was from Camo...On the way we told Camo if he had fun he could put skates on his Christmas wish list.  Well, as we were skating around, out of the blue, he belts out "I do not want skates on my Christmas wish list."  I love that boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment