Monday, March 24, 2014

Jen turns 40!

Our second attempt to get to Arkansas to celebrate Jen's birthday was successful.  The weather didn't fail us this time. We got into town about an hour before the party started so it was a quick turn around to get ready, set up and start the party.  It was a fun time with great food and lots of conversation and laughing.  
 




 

After a long day and finally trying to get some rest (I've been sick for like a week) Michael and I woke up around 2 am to the sound of our youngest throwing up.  Ugh!  So as he quickly bathed her, I changed sheets and cleaned up we were all back to bed for the night.  We weren't sure what happened but we think too much sugar from the cake the night before.  The next morning she started complaining of her ears hurting. So Michael and I decided to find a clinic in Bentonville who could see us both...the outcome was Meg had a double ear infection, probably from the plane ride from Colorado and I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. That was pretty much the day.  

After a good nights sleep and starting our meds we were hopeful for a good day.  Michael left for the golf course with dad, Scott to work, Emi to school so I mustered some strength to go shopping. It was short lived and thankfully back home for some rest before Emi got home.  After school we took the kids to a neat ice cream place connected to the Sam Walton museum.  We had pizza for dinner and then a family party for Gigi because her birthday is tomorrow.  We go home tomorrow but it's always nice to be together, sick or not.  








No comments:

Post a Comment