As I sit and type the title it continues to amaze me that it really has been 9 years since this sweet little boy made me a mom. People all the time say time flies so enjoy it, and I really do try to heed that advice and savor this time. However, it doesn't stop time from flying by or halt the astonishment that it really is happening. Several people have told me Jaxson has an "old soul" about him and they are correct. There is something about this boy that carries that with him. Last night he came and hugged me because he wanted me to hug him one more time as an 8 year old before he woke up a 9 year old. He proceeds to tell me he will miss his childhood as time goes by too fast and it goes faster the older he gets. What 9 year old thinks like this...I guess the old soul of a 9 year old does. He was correct though, I did want to hug him more one time as an 8 year old.
I surprised him and picked him up at school for lunch and he choose Cane's.
He requested peach cobbler for his dessert.
I'm not sure what made him so happy but I love this face!
No comments:
Post a Comment