With the school year in full throttle, one year of all three on one campus, Michael successful at Dobbs...and in one afternoon he is moved to a new school as the interim PRINCIPAL. If you don't know our story then you don't know that Michael has been waiting years for a chance to have his own school. He finally resolved last spring that maybe his opportunity had passed. He was going to enjoy his one year of having all three with him. Then in the summer he was asked to be elementary school principal for summer school. That went well and he hoped to have another shot at it again this upcoming summer. Then one Wednesday, after early release, he was offered the job. Both staff's were told Thursday and his first day was Friday. It was that fast. It's not permanent yet but we hope it will be for the following school year. The kids are still at Dobbs for the remainder of the year.
So why now? We may not get the answer to that question and we don't need it. The Lord has reminded me that through this, and the order of events, we get to fully know that HE DID THIS! This is by His hands and His plans. What will happen with the kids? One of my biggest concerns every time we think about Michael moving. I don't know yet but I do know the Lord told me I don't have to worry about that right now...so I'm not.
It has been an adjustment for all five of us. In the midst of pure happiness over this opportunity it has changed our world and our normal. Michael no longer takes the kids to school on a regular basis and isn't on the same campus with them. He now has less time with them and all four are adjusting to that. It's a blessing though for him to have the opportunity to start a new place, get grounded, without the worry of the kids. I now am the main parent at the school. Most mom's are but I have never been that. I didn't take the kids to school regularly, unless it was preschool or pre-k. My husband brought home the school information to me and he was my contact for teachers. I'm adjusting to my new role and enjoying this new time I have with the kids. We are on a one day at a time ride knowing the Lord is leading us. We are trying to not take control and allow His plans to unfold for us and the glory going to Him.


No comments:
Post a Comment