Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Arkansas

We had such a nice trip to Arkansas in July for the tri. We were able to go up several days before the tri and just spend some quality time together. One outing we did together was to War Eagle Cavern. It has a beautiful natural setting. We had a nice lunch outside. There was a little wishing well that the kids loved playing in. They managed to get Gigi to get her wallet out so they could cast their coins in the well.




After lunch, Gigi bought a "bag of sand" so the kids could mine for gems. They had a great time and got some pretty stones.



Later we took turns taking the older kids through an outdoor maze. The dad's had a better "time" than the mom's but whose really counting.

Sunday was our first tri. Scott, Michael and I got up VERY EARLY and headed out. I had done a lot of running races but this is so detailed. Michael and I had two goals going into this tri: 1. to finish 2. to not be last. Luckily we accomplished both. Scott's goal was to beat everyone he knew doing the tri. Luckily he accomplished his goal as well. :) Overall we had a great time and would definitely do another one. We really enjoy the biking part. I don't know why we were surprised by that because we use to bike together a lot before kids. We all learned a lot and took several things away from this first experience for the next one(s). I have to say if it wasn't for all of Sarah's help and tips we would not have felt as prepared as we did. So thanks Sarah!



No comments:

Post a Comment