Summer is winding down and in about 3 days Jaxson will march into school for his first day of kindergarten. He is very ready!!! We had meet the teacher tonight and it went great. I am hopeful this will be a great year for all of us. I want to remember some of the "details" of this summer so I thought I better get them put down before I forget:
Michael and I had a great summer training for our first tri. We always enjoy having summer Michael with us and the time we get to spend together as a family. We took 3 great trips to Great Wolf Lodge, San Marcos and Arkansas.
Jaxson accomplished a lot this summer...
*He completed and passed level 1 and 2 of golf and hopefully in about a week or so he will pass level 3. He seems to really like it and would love it if it wasn't so HOT!!!
*He got to play his first game on a golf course with his daddy and ride in a "real golf cart". I think that was the highlight for him.
*He continued to work on his swimming and can now swim from one end and back in Gigi and Papa's pool.
*He turned 5!!!
*He learned to ride his bike without training wheels. He still needs to master it but he can do it.
*He is doing really well on his site words and is loving science activities and creating new inventions.
*We have eliminated naps (most days) and I am hoping he can survive kinder without them. Bedtime may become in the 7 o'clock hour if the meltdowns start.
*He had LOTS of play dates with friends and LOTS of time with family.
*Jax seemed to just grown up a lot this summer and it has become very obvious he is ready to start school and this new chapter in his life.
Camden had a great summer also...
*He has become very comfortable in the pool and loves his float vest. It has really allowed him to feel the freedom in the water to do what he wants but safely keeps him up.
*He is successfully potty training and we have had very few #2 accidents.
*His talking has really increased in the last couple months, as well as his desire to become very independent.
*He successfully overcame his VERY nasty burn from the sparkler. It took a complete month to heal but luckily only a little scar remains.
*He started having his own play dates with miss Jillian and not just tagging along to his brothers play dates.
*He has grown so tall that we noticed on our trip to Arkansas in July that his head touches one end of the pack n play and his feet the other. I guess we need to figure something else out for him when we travel.
*He has mastered the tozzle puzzles on my iphone and actually become addicted to playing them. I will remember this for future gaming systems. :)
*He turned 2!!!
*Camo keeps us laughing and on our toes. I am excited about the one on one time we will have this fall.
We enjoyed lots of ice cream, laughs and time with family and friends. It was a good summer that as always, went by very fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment