On Christmas Eve we usually have something special for breakfast, like homemade cinnamon rolls, but the flu had other plans for this momma. Michael kept it special by heading to the donut store. There were red and green donuts...perfect! The kids were just as happy.
The day was very laid back as I was still recovering from the flu but as the I looked around the house I was at peace as everything was decorated and all the presents were wrapped. We ventured out to my parents for a lovely roast dinner and festive time together. Piper joined us as our newest family member and we enjoyed a calm and restful evening.
We came home and did our regular Christmas Eve traditions that include reading the Christmas story and the night before Christmas and putting our last advent ornament on the tree. Camo put out his reindeer food he made at his class party. I did no baking this year because of the flu, so luckily we had donuts left for Santa. Camo wasn't thrilled to not be leaving cookies but we reassured him that Santa would be okay with donuts. Then it was off to bed as Santa won't come until the kiddos are all snug in their beds. Merry Christmas!



No comments:
Post a Comment