Some people will think this is silly but it deserves my thoughts. Cars aren't suppose to mean that much to us because they are basically just a machine. Well, yes, that is true but this expedition stands for more than that to us. The purchase of this vehicle was a necessity as we were about to bring home our third baby and our current car wouldn't fit a family of five with three car seats/boosters. We had down sized everything when we started over so when Michael brought this home, and under the conditions in which we bought it, we could see our hard work, dedication and desire to be debt free coming to fruition. The night he brought it home, the kids were already in bed, so I took it out in the neighborhood for a little test drive. He had a card sitting on the console waiting for me. We are team and we work together and this was an accomplishment for us both. I love that man!!!
So I guess I thought we'd have it forever or at least several more years. It had 133k+ miles on it and I thought we'd get another 100k out of it so when it started burning oil in the engine and we were told it could need a new engine we hesitantly said okay it's time. We searched and searched and had very little direction. Then we found a surprise of a car that we hadn't even considered. Michael made the deal work and as I was driving to meet him to drop off the expedition he sent me the funny picture below. Always humor, there is always humor. We are pleased with the new car and the kids love it. The details of the deal worked out so that we feel the Lord helped us with all the details. So even when the plans change and it can alter your goals the Lord is still ahead of us, working things out. I journal this so I don't ever forget the bigger picture here. May I always hold these feelings close in my heart.





No comments:
Post a Comment