Thursday, July 28, 2016

I finally Tri'd again

It has been about six year since my last tri so I was feeling up to giving another go at it.  I asked my friend Taylor if she wanted to join me.  She had never done one before but she is a runner so I knew she'd be great.  It was a short tri with only a 300 swim, 9.5 mile bike and 5K.  The swim is usually the hardest for me because I'm so anxious getting started my nerves haven't settled yet.  I love the bike part and the run is, well the run.  I've run for years so it's old hat.  I did jog very slowly as I've been nursing some hip pain so the run part wasn't impressive at all but I knew it would be that way going into it.  I'm glad to have finished and to be at a point in my life that if I want to swim, bike and run then I'm healthy enough to go after it.   It's a blessing!

If my kids are watching on the sidelines then it has become the tradition to finish with me.  Megan is behind me but she's there...all 3, crossing the line with me.  Love this and I hope it gives them a little drive to accomplish their own goals they set for themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment